2019 FACTS FCC Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase of a product or service from Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc., doing business as FACTS Management, or any of its affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
- CAN I PARTICIPATE? The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; at least 21 years of age at time of entry. Employees of Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc., d/b/a FACTS Management, or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, website providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win. YOU MUST NOT BE PROHIBITED BY YOUR EMPLOYER’S RULES, CODE OF ETHICS, OR CODE OF CONDUCT, OR BY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW FROM ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM WINNING THE PRIZE. In the event the potential winner is ineligible to participate based upon the information contained in the background check, an alternate winner will be selected by a random drawing.
- HOW DO I ENTER? Enter this Sweepstakes by submitting a business card or sweepstakes entry form containing your name, the name of your school or education institution employer, business title, complete business mailing address, valid business email address and business telephone number, in person, at the FACTS booth at the 2019 FCC Administrators’ conference between 7:30 a.m. Eastern Time, Thursday, March 14, 2019, through 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, March 15, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a plain piece of paper on which you have printed your name, the name of your employer, business title, complete business mailing address, valid business email address, business telephone number and the words “FACTS 2019 FCC Sweepstakes” in a separate envelope addressed to Caitlin Miller, 121 S. 13th St., Lincoln NE 68508. Mailed entries must be post-marked no later than March 13, 2019, and must be received by FACTS on or before March 15, 2019.
- Your business card or mail-in entry must provide correct required information (i.e. first name, last name, school employer name, business telephone number, business address, city, state, zip/postal code, and business email address). Entries that are incomplete or non-compliant with these Official Rules will be void.
- Proof of submitting will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor; responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
- Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will be voided.
ALL ENTRIES: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, damaged, and incomplete. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Limit one entry per person, all additional entries will be disregarded and not permitted. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? One (1) grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize winner will receive one (1) Ozobot® Bit (Cool Blue). Total prize value of each grand prize is $60.00. Total prize value of all prizes awarded is $60.00. No interest will be paid for the time between the date of the drawing and the receipt of the prize. Each winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Ozobot products – Ozobot Bit® is a trademark of Evollve, Inc. Any product or service may be warranted or covered by the manufacturer’s satisfaction and return policies, and Sponsor has no liability for disputes between you and Evollve, Inc. Evollve, Inc., is not a sponsor of, or otherwise participating in, endorsing, or supporting this Sweepstakes.
- HOW DO I WIN? Potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about March 15, 2019 from among all entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received; method of entry does not affect chance of winning. You may only win once. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Three attempts will be made to contact the potential Prize winner by mail or telephone or e-mail at the postal address/phone number/e-mail address provided with the entry. Actual means of notification to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. If the potential Prize winner is unable to be reached within five (5) days of the third contact attempt, or refuses to accept the prize, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If receipt of the prize is restricted by law or employment policy applicable to the potential winner or potential winner’s family (parents, children, siblings and spouse) and member of the households (whether or not related) of each, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected.
Potential prize winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Prize Documents”) within 14 days of receipt of Prize Documents. Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to award any prize where: (a) any required Prize Documents are not fully executed and received by Sponsor at the designated address by the due date specified in Prize Documents; or (b) if any mail addressed to the potential Winner is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable without a forwarding address or if potential Winner cannot be contacted for any reason; or (c) potential Winner is deemed ineligible or otherwise non-compliant with any aspect of these Official Rules. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the potential Prize winner and the selection of an alternate Prize winner. All prizes will be awarded. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND REPRESENTS TO THE SPONSOR THAT THE ENTRANT IS NOT PROHIBITED FROM WINNING THE PRIZE BY ANY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW OR REGULATION OR BY ANY RULES, CODE OF ETHICS OR CODE OF CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRANT’S EMPLOYER OR APPLICABLE TO ENTRANT’S EMPLOYMENT.
Potential prize winner may be subject to a background check, which must be satisfactory in Sponsor’s absolute discretion, before Sponsor determines potential winner’s eligibility to appear in Promotion-related advertising. Potential winner may be ineligible to participate in promotion advertising based upon the information contained in the background check.
- CONDUCT. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize who Sponsor suspects, in the sole discretion, of attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any of the Sponsors’ representatives or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules. NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No liability is assumed for illegible or incomplete entry information or for telephone-related technical difficulties or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or an unauthorized intervention or any other cause adversely affects the proper administration, play or conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes in part or its entirety; (b) void any suspected entries, and/or (c) conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all the entries received prior to suspension or cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or any materials associated with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prize.
- RELEASE. Each entrant and each winner, by entering this Sweepstakes or by acceptance of any prize, agrees on behalf of him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, representatives, assigns, administrators and next of kin to indemnify, hold harmless and release the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated businesses and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damage or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of the prize. The Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of any prize awarded.
- DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Nebraska; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., reasonable costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Nebraska or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nebraska.
- PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of the Sponsor the unconditional and irrevocable right and license, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, the following: (a) their name, city and state, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of their appearance or voice upon the awarding of the Grand Prize.
- WINNER’S IDENTITY & OFFICIAL RULES. The name of the Prize winner and these Official Rules are available by mail. To receive a Winners’ List or the Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope before April 1, 2019 to: “FACTS 2019 FCC Sweepstakes – Caitlin Miller.” 121 S. 13th St., Lincoln, NE 68508. All requests must be received by March 30, 2019.
- SPONSOR. Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc., d/b/a FACTS Management, 121 South 13th Street, Suite 301, Lincoln, NE 68508, sponsors this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time and substitute another promotion in its place. If you do not wish to receive any further Sweepstakes offers from Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc., please write to Caitlin Miller, 121 S. 13th St., Lincoln, NE 68508 and state your request.
- ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Ozobot or Evollve, Inc2019 Nelnet Business Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Sweepstakes entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for entrant’s personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.