Student Information System
FACTS Student Information System
Streamline admissions. Manage school data across the entire student lifecycle. Provide families with all the information they need. It’s all possible with FACTS Student Information System (SIS). Our school management system automates the seamless flow of information between school administrators, teachers, and parents through state-of-the-art solutions that save time and provide convenience and efficiency.
- Behavior management
- Cafeteria management
- Comprehensive reporting
- Google Classroom integration
- Health information management
- Integration partners and services
- Learning management
- Report cards
- Staff information management
- Standards-based grading
- Student behavior tracking
- Student and family information management
Why Do I Need a School Information System?
A school information system is the data core for your school. It helps you manage student and family data, communicate with families, track academic information like grades and assignments, and much, much more. Use this guide to learn about the features your school needs in a school management system.
Benefits to Administrators
Comprehensive, customizable student dashboard provides at-a-glance access and editing capabilities for numerous areas, including: academics, alerts, behavior, contact info, demographics, finance, schedules, and transcripts.
Family dashboard view shows demographic and relationship information.
Send email messages, set up automated communications for things like attendance notifications, view student data, and create customized reports.
- Users have the power, flexibility, and ease of use needed to do their job regardless of the position—headmaster, admissions director, or administrative assistant.
- A variety of easy-to-assign security settings and groups allow administrators to grant access to staff for specific program areas and reporting functionality.
- Staff dashboard view shows demographics, security settings, staff information, and more.
- Complete email history is available for viewing.
- Comprehensive reporting allows the creation of custom reports, as well as pre-existing reports that include year/term reports, transcripts, course listings, class lists/rosters, and more.
Benefits to Teachers
Responsive design gives teachers access to the SIS from all devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
The comprehensive and flexible SIS Gradebook allows for standards-based grading (if configured), as well as easy assignment entry and grading.
Lesson planning is simple and repeatable year over year.
- Attendance is taken quickly and easily by name or seating chart with the ability to mark lunch orders simultaneously.
- Easy access to student and family data with the option to add behavior reports and family/teacher conference information.
- The system’s email features are easy to use for general messages or student grade information, while allowing teachers to easily filter emails to the recipients of their choice.
- Lesson plans can be created, copied, and saved as master plans for use year after year.
- Enter, review, and edit information that appears on student report cards, including skill set grades, citizenship grades, and commentary/comment codes.
- Beyond lesson plans and report cards, teachers can use FACTS SIS for announcements, calendar events, web documents, homework drop, portfolio, resources, syllabi, and more. These items automatically sync into the FACTS Family Online family portal.
- Reporting includes class rosters, incomplete/missing assignments, and student test schedules.
Benefits to Families
Better communication between school and families.
Accessible through all devices and all browsers.
FACTS Family Portal helps schools communicate with families to keep them informed about grades, assignments, attendance, calendars, and more.